Wednesday 7 November 2012

Outnumbered IV – Episode 5 – Shooting Script – 17
th March 2011
1
EPISODE 5
1. EXT. HOUSE. DAY – D1
BEN (starts OOV)
I could be handcuffed and suspended from a crane, in a block of ice.
2. INT. KITCHEN. DAY – D1
Dad is clearing up breakfast stuff with a phone tucked under his chin.
DAD
That feels like a lot of work for a school talent competition
(He speaks into the phone with exaggerated pronunciation
you use when you are speaking to a machine) Y-e-s. But it’s
great you’re taking part, y-e-s…..(mutters) stupid machine.
BEN
I could do the magic trick I did with, Gran. Her face when
she thought I’d smashed her watch with that hammer.
DAD
Well….you had.
BEN
Yeh…..I still don’t know what went wrong there.
DAD (into phone)
Y-e-s
BEN
I think it was the wrong kind of hammer
DAD
No, I said y-e-s.
BEN
Still, Gran likes her new watch.
MUM enters shouting behind her.

This script is much more simple and less detailed than the eastenders script, it is layed out with the programme name, episode and shooting script at the very top, then the date and the episode number repeated underneath. Then under this, at the left hand side is the place were it will take place and each time this changes it is written. It also says the day and what a member of cast is doing then in the center it is the charcters name who will be speaking and then undearneath what they are saying also what that specific person is doing. The script is a mix of dialouge and actions like the eastenders script. There is less use of actions in this script compared to the eastenders script. In the section i have picked out of the script, there is only three characters mentioned in comparison to the eastenders script were there is double the amount, showing me this is a much smaller range of people but this could be to do with the sceneray they are in. To me this script is much more easier to read and understand because of how its layed out, whereas the other one looks more complex i think it needs more use of actions. I could make my script similar to this one but add more actions when i feel is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment