Friday 2 November 2012

1st draft


In this scene it is after the funeral of Lindsey’s mother and she is introduced to her father’s lover but questions who she really is.

This scene takes place in the local pub were Lindsey’s mum used to regularly visit. It is around 12:00p.m and is a rainy day.

Kate walks in the pub soaking wet and Steven goes to great her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. The camera shows their full bodies.

The camera then zooms up to their faces.

Steven: I’m glad you made it. (Smiling)

Kate: I can’t stay for long, he’ll be wondering where I am

The camera turns and shows Lindsey’s face. Lindsey gives a suspicious look over at them, she heads over.

Lindsey: who’s this dad? Lindsey is stood side on facing her dad

Steven: Oh Lindsey, I want you to meet Kate she’s my err.. secretary

Lindsey: That’s funny you’ve never mentioned you had a secretary before

Steven:  (Nervous) that’s only because I don’t like to talk about work at home, Kate this is my daughter Lindsey.

Kate reaches out her hand so Lindsey will shake it, but Lindsey does not acknowledge this and walks away to the bar where she keeps a close eye on them

The camera just shows Lindsey at the bar

Lindsey: (to barman) a coke please

The camera then zooms up to both Kate and Stevens faces.

Kate: Well that was awkward, and you could of said I was a friend instead of your secretary

Steven: Well it was the first thing that popped in to my head. How long have you got?

Kate: Only an hour or so, I told jerry that I was popping out to see my mum the last thing I want his him going up there and asking her where I am.

Steven: Who cares what he does, now come over here so we can have a proper talk about this

The camera shows a quick glance of Lindsey who is still keeping a close eye on them as they move over to an empty corner of the bar

Kate: I do care about him you know, I don’t want him to get hurt

Steven: Please we all know what you care about and that’s not him it’s whats in his pocket.

Kate: You can talk you only married that despicable women to pull one over on me, and now look at you bouncing back to me

Steven: right we best stop talking about this I can see my daughter has a very close eye on us so we best go over and act like we have just had a discussion about work nothing else okay?

Kate: fine but we need to discuss what’s happened at some point in wont all go away on it’s own you know

Steven: (whispering angrily) you don’t think I know that Kate, your part is just as big as mine in this whole incident but I need to put on a brave face for my daughter so come on

Kate and Steven walk over to Lindsey smiling.

Steven:  sorry about that sweetheart we just had some work stuff to talk about (stroking her hair)

The camera zooms up to Kate who gives Steven a sarcastic smile

Kate: I’m just going to pop to toilet won’t be long

Steven: okay can I get you a drink or anything

Kate: no better not im driving

Kate walks away.

Lindsey: so who is she really dad?

Steven: who? Kate? My secretary

Lindsey: you really expect me to believe that you have never mentioned this women before but she is your work secretary, why’s she even here anyway she didn’t even know mum.

Steven: She just has some trouble with some work so I told her where I am and I suggested she stopped for an hour, that’s all

Lindsey: whatever

Lindsey walks away and takes a seat with her best friend. Whilst Kate is walking out of the toilets and heading towards Steven. When Kate gets to Steven he put his arm around her. Jessica and Lindsey both stare at them.

Jessica: Who’s that lady with your dad?

Lindsey: He says it’s his secretary at work and she had a problem or something

Jessica turns to Kate

Jessica: Do you believe him?


Lindsey is still staring at them both

Lindsey: I’m not so sure, since mum died I’ve noticed a lot of lies, im not sure what to believe.

The camera shows Kate and Steven

Kate: I can feel her staring Steven, I don’t like it

Steven: I think she’s just suspicious don’t worry ill sort it out, I always do

Kate: We can’t be doing with people being suspicious Stev, especially your own daughter, not when we’re in a situation like this

Steven: I said I’d sort it and I will, the more you get worked up the more suspicious people will get, we just act like we are work mates and that will be it

Phone rings and Kate looks at it  

Kate: It’s him, I better take this out side

Kate walks out and the camera follows her. The camera then goes back to Jessica and Lindsey who are peaking out the window.

Jessica: who do you think she’s speaking to?

Lindsey: I don’t know someone who she doesn’t want to know she is here

Jessica: or maybe because it’s quiet outside? Things don’t have to always be drastic you know

Lindsey:  c’mon it’s my dad nothing has ever been simple or straight forward since mum died.

Kate puts the phone down and walks back in to the pub to Steven.

Kate: I best go, he’s wondering where I am

Steven: Okay I’ll walk you out

No comments:

Post a Comment